Saturday 19 March 2016

Challenge #84 - Delicate

Welcome back to Addicted to CAS. We have a brand new challenge starting right NOW. 

I bet you are excited!!!

Your hostess this fortnight is Sweet Kobylkin and here is the code word she would like you to use for your inspiration -


We all know what delicate means but there are a number of ways to interpret this word. I thought you would like to see the meaning of delicate and that would help you to even think outside the box when it come to your creation.

Delicate - Adjective

1.

very fine in texture or structure; of intricate workmanship or quality.
"a delicate lace shawl"

(of colour) subtle and subdued.
"delicate pastel shades"

(of food or drink) subtly and pleasantly flavoured.
"a delicate, sweet flavour"

2.
easily broken or damaged; fragile.
"delicate china"

susceptible to illness or adverse conditions.
"his delicate health"

(of a state or condition) easily upset or affected.
"owls have a delicate balance with their habitat"

3.
requiring sensitive or careful handling.
"delicate negotiations"

tactful and considerate.
"a delicate approach is needed"

skillful and finely judged; deft.
"his delicate ball-playing skills"

(of an instrument) highly sensitive.

Delicate - Noun (informal)

1.
a delicate fabric or garment.
"the delicates cycle of a washing machine"


I think that is going to give you PLENTY of ideas :)

Our amazing sponsor for this challenge is


Happy Little Stampers was created in 2015 by Kylie (owner of ATSM and ATCAS). Kylie wanted to bring out a line of stamps that were useful for every day crafters. From cute to whimsical images, from everyday to funky sentiments there is something for everyone!

Prize: $15 gift certificate


We are very lucky to be having TaeEun (Rainbow in November) as our Guest Designer for this challenge. You have more than likely been seeing TaeEun's incredible work around blog land. She has an amazing style!


"Hi, I'm TaeEun. I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer at Addicted to CAS. I'm originally from South Korea and living in New Jersey, USA with my supportive family since 2013, when I moved from Germany. I ran across card making on Youtube last year. After watching many of video tutorials I started making my own cards. And it has become a passion. I can't say I have my own card style yet, but I feel comfortable when I make a CAS card."

Onto our inspiration for you -

TaeEun (Guest Designer)


Sweet Kobylkin (your hostess)


(using sponsor Butterfly Birthday set)




Valentyna
IMG_9862




Wow, what amazing inspiration from the team! Please visit their blogs to say hi. 

Don't forget to use our code word and keep everything clean and simple. If it isn't quite 'apparent' please let us know in your post how you applied the word to your creation.

Over to you!

5 comments:

  1. The most beautiful and delicate inspiration from the DT and TaeEun, absolutely fabulous. A real treat and thank you for the incredible inspiration...I didn't know that about owls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great challenge..i'll go rummage through my stuff for something delicate...not sure i have any

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, Delicate and fabulous inspiration....Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created such wonderful delicacies, ladies ... such loveliness ... thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful delicate, almost lacy, inspirations and a fun challenge too. I hope to enter again! Thanks for the challenge and wonderful inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.